Sunday, March 4, 2012

Badfinger....

I was in my vehicle driving.  Listening to 102.7 and a Badfinger song was playing.  In the past few months I have been on a kick of listening to old rock songs on Youtube.  I quickly jotted down in my notebook, as I was driving, to listen to some Badfinger songs on Youtube when I get home.

A day or two later I glance and see my notation and enter the name Badfinger as a search on Youtube.  As I am listening to and enjoying the classic song, I look below and read some of the comments people left there.  I read about how the bands finances were mismanaged via a guy named Stan Polley and how a member or two of the band committed suicide.

Perhaps you were not aware of this history pertaining to Badfinger, as I was not aware.  I simply appreciated their good songs.

Badfinger Day After Day Live 1972. Click here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6N3hPY9gLs

Here is Badfinger performing live, No Matter What >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR6LSnREyYU

There is a six part documentary of Badfinger on Youtube.  I will post the first part of it here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjiPadlbQA  and if choose to watch it, you can follow along and click on the remaining five other parts.

Here is the Wikipedia for Stan Polley.>>>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Polley  That's a little interesting to read too.

A community forum via the name of Findadeath.com , shares thoughts about Stan Polley.  They don't have too much good to say about him!! Click here. >>> http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?25033-Stan-Polley-%28-Badfinger-s-downfall%29

Here is the Wikipedia for Badfinger. >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badfinger

Music is so much a part of our lives.  For ME, it is the songs of the 1960's that are the most significant.  Those are the years that I was a child growing up and I guess those are the songs that are imbedded in my consciousness as the most significant of all time.  I mean, of course years prior to the 1960's had songs, but they are not significant to me.  Also, the 70's, 80's and 90's also had songs of course too, but for ME they are not as significant as the songs of the 60's.

Song's are kinda a historical replica of life.  The song writers typically write about what is significant at the time the song was written.  Hence, songs and their words kinda follow along with what was going on in life at that time.

Another side line observation of songs, is the person who sang the song.  As beautiful as many songs are, you can not help but to notice how prematurely many of the singers have died.  Elvis Presley comes to mind.  In the end, I imagine he needed uppers for energy to perform and sedatives for him to fall asleep and get a nights rest.

Perhaps Michael Jackson shared the same habits as Elvis.  Totally doped up to the point of the human body not being able to handle it.

Jim Morrison of the Doors.  Dead at what, age 27 ?

Two band members of Badfinger took their lives at ages 27 and 36.  That is Pete Ham and Tom Evans.  So tragic.  I am grateful though for the music they left behind and for sites such as Youtube that have documentaries and videos as historical references for you and I to observe and take in what happened.

Human life is an evolutionary process.  We live our life today, but historically much good and evil have transpired before us.  The book of Ecclesiastes within the bible probably sums up life the best via its words.  Check it out some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment